We are happy to announce the release of X3DOM 1.8.2! This release contains a handful of new features, improvements along with a number of bug fixes since the last release.
We would like to thank all users and, of course, all the contributors, that make X3DOM such a great project.
For a detailed list of changes see the changelog on Github.
- New Exploration Modes.
- Experimental support for X3D prototypes.
- Added X3D 4.0 support for visible field, enhanced viewpoint options and Point Properties and cylinder/code options.
- Automatic origChannelCount detection.
- New NPM based build system.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Improved support for shadow & transparency on text.
- Animation improvements for shapes and viewpoints and play controls.
- Improved event and TouchSensor support.
- Improved support for addition / removal of nodes from the tree.
- Replaced deprecated MutationEvents with a MutationObserver.
- Make it possible to run x3dom in strict mode.
- Text node improvements.
- More robust collisions in walk mode.
- Remove support for compressed BinGeo files & Zlib.
- Remove support for ImageGeometry.
- Remove support for MultiPart.
- Remove support for ExternalShape/ExternalGeo and glTF 1.0.
- Remove support for loading single components.
Grab the frozen 1.8.2 version here. The cutting-edge development version (nightly build of git head) can be found here.