We are proud and glad to announce the release of X3DOM 1.7 – as always, thanks to all contributors that made this great achievement possible!
Besides our new, fresh home page, these are the most important changes:
- CommonSurfaceShader now also supports object-space normal maps (in addition to already available tangent-space normal maps) – demo here
- ExternalGeometry node now has a multi-field for the data URL (of type MFString), multiple URLs can be specified as fallback. This is fully backwards compatible with old scenes that specify only a single string.
- Basic TriangleSet implementation, interesting for testing non-indexed rendering (thanks to Yvonne Jung, Fulda University of Applied Sciences)
- alphaClipThreshold attribute in Appearance node to adapt the threshold for X3DOM’s alpha test (for textures with transparency)
- Improvements in geospatial components (support for easting_first, thanks to Andreas Plesch, Harvard University).
- If a viewpoint gets transformed, its center of rotation now gets transformed accordingly (thanks to Andreas Plesch, Harvard University).
- Runtime documentation made available (see here)
- New tutorial about runtime configuration (see here)
- New tutorial about the experimental SSAO implementation (see here)
- Some smaller documentation updates
- Several fixes (thanks to Ander Arbelaiz, Andreas Plesch and Yvonne Jung)